7 March 2020
You have no doubt been following the media stories about the Covid-19 Coronavirus, which has become a health issue in various parts of the world.
Here at Scoreline Sports, we place a high priority on your health & safety, but we also want you to continue to enjoy our sports leagues. Health authorities advise that the risk in Australia is relatively low at this point. For more info please see Queensland Government Advice.
Our leagues will be continuing as normal for the foreseeable future. However we would ask that players take the following precautions:
- If you are feeling unwell and experiencing cold/flu-like symptoms, please do not attend games.
- If you have travelled to a heavily-affected country (China, Korea, Iran, Italy), please do not attend games, and self-quarantine as per government guidelines.
- If you have had contact with someone who has been diagnosed with the virus, please do not attend games, and self-quarantine as per government guidelines.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after playing (and for your own wellbeing, wash hands regularly throughout the day)
- For the time being, there will be no expectation of the traditional post-game handshake. We will leave it up to players how they acknowledge their opponents, but a simple “thank you” is quite acceptable.
We will continue to monitor advice from authorities, and will adapt according to the situation. Thanks for your co-operation, and please continue to enjoy the games!