This is indoor, mixed Volleyball, with 6 to a team (plus subs if you wish). Maximum of 4 males on court for each team.
Friendly, well-organised competition. Corporate or social teams welcome.
ENTERING A TEAM IN THE COMP:
- Get your team together
- Submit entry form and deposit (balance due by week 3)
- Volleyball fee $700/team for 10 week season all inclusive (no other charges)
- *Individual Players*: Join a team
Volleyball Venue will be All Hallows School (Mercy Hall)
Right in the city, with off street parking available.
NEW SEASONS START SOON:
New season Wednesday 27 September. Get your team together & be in it!
See our Entry Forms page for info on upcoming seasons).
GAME TIMES & RESULTS:
Go to the Game Times and Results page for all the latest on what’s happening with your league.
RULES & EQUIPMENT
Players are required to wear non-marking sports shoes. Teams should have matching shirts/tops for all their players.
We operate by these rules for our mixed comp. Normal volleyball rules will apply unless superseded by these rules.
- Teams: 6-a-side (plus subs if you wish). Team composed of Max 4, Min 1 of either gender on court. A team must have at least 3 players to start the game.
- There is no “Libero” player in this competition.
- Match: Played within a 45 minute time frame. best of 3 games. Each game is first to 25, but the referee has the power to reduce the last game if necessary. Teams will be advised prior to the game if it has been reduced.
- No jump serves allowed.
- Rotation: When a team wins a point and the serve, they rotate positions. The rotation must be in a clockwise direction.
- A player can only have 6 serves in a row. If the team still has the serve after 6 serves, they must rotate positions so a new server from that team can take over. (If a team is short of players the number of serves is reduced – ie for team of 5 each player is limited to 5 serves in a row)
We may add to or modify these rules as required. Teams will be notified of any updates.